Global Information Assurance Certification (GIAC) is an information security certification entity that specialises in technical and practical certification as well as new research in the form of its GIAC Gold program. SANS Institute founded the certification entity in 1999 and the term GIAC is trademarked by The Escal Institute of Advanced Technologies.
GIAC provides a set of vendor-neutral computer security certifications linked to the training courses provided by the SANS. GIAC is specific to the leading edge technological advancement of IT security in order to keep ahead of "black hat" techniques. Papers written by individuals pursuing GIAC certifications are presented at the SANS Reading Room on GIAC's website.
Initially all SANS GIAC certifications required a written paper or "practical" on a specific area of the certification in order to achieve the certification. In April 2005, the SANS organization changed the format of the certification by breaking it into two separate levels. The "silver" level certification requires two multiple-choice tests, whereas the "gold" level certification has both the multiple-choice tests requirement as well as a practical.
As of June 18, 2012, GIAC claims to have granted 42,663 certifications worldwide.
SANS GIAC Certifications-
- GIAC Information Security Fundamentals [GISF]
- GIAC Security Essentials Certification [GSEC]
- GIAC Certified Firewall Analyst [GCFW]
- GIAC Certified Intrusion Analyst [GCIA]
- GIAC Certified Incident Handler [GCIH]
- GIAC Certified UNIX Security Administrator [GCUX]
- GIAC Certified Windows Security Administrator [GCWN]
- GIAC Certified Enterprise Defender [GCED]
- GIAC Penetration Tester [GPEN]
- GIAC Certified Web Application Penetration Tester [GWAPT]
- GIAC Assessing Wireless Networks [GAWN]
- GIAC Secure Internet Presence [GSIP]
- GIAC Securing Oracle Certification [GSOC]
- GIAC Certified ISO-17799 Specialist [G7799]
- GIAC Systems and Network Auditor [GSNA]
- GIAC Security Audit Essentials [GSAE]
- GIAC Information Security Professional [GISP]
- GIAC Security Leadership Certification [GSLC]
- GIAC Certified Project Manager [GCPM]
- GIAC Certified Security Consultant [GCSC]
- GIAC Operations Essentials Certification [GOEC]
- GIAC .Net [GNET]
- GIAC Secure Software Programmer C [GSSP C]
- GIAC Secure Software Programmer Java [GSSP Java]
- GIAC Secure Software Programmer .NET [GSSP .NET]
- GIAC Certified Forensic Examiner [GCFE]
- GIAC Certified Forensic Analyst [GCFA]
- GIAC Certified Reverse Engineering Malware [GREM]
- GIAC Security Expert [GSE]
- GIAC Security Expert in Malware [GSE-Malware]
- GIAC Security Expert in Compliance [GSE-Compliance]
Official Website : Click Here
Like it ? Share it.